Hello there. My name is Oda Sonju, I'm a uk based artist and illustrator. Below you'll find examples of my latest work as well as little things in life that inspire me. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, or if you like what you see and would like to commission me for any creative purpose at all, don't hesitate to email me at:

osonju@hotmail.co.uk

All illustrations copyright C 2014 - Oda Sonju
All Rights Reserved

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Jungle Book



I recently did this cover for Oxford University Press's new release of Children's Book Classics!
I was very honoured to be chosen to illustrate The Jungle Book, as it was one of my favourites as a small child!

They wanted the cover to feature the tiger Sherkhan (no complaints here, we all know how I love a good tiger!!) with a very graphic approach, so I created the illustration below, with lots of boldness and a smattering of texture...which luckily they were very happy with! 




Thanks to Dynamo for sending this project my way :)

You can buy the book on Amazon for a cool £3.99!

Inside you'll also find an interview in which I sound VERY dorky...and I also feel the urgent need to just emphasise how Frozen is no longer my favourite film! I overdosed on Frozen! It needs to be locked away in a dark cupboard until such a time when I no longer spontaneously burst into theatrical song whenever I hear the sentence 'Do you want to build a snowman?'







No comments:

Post a Comment