Hello there. My name is Oda Sonju, I'm a uk based artist and illustrator. Below you'll find examples of my latest work as well as little things in life that inspire me. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, or if you like what you see and would like to commission me for any creative purpose at all, don't hesitate to email me at:

osonju@hotmail.co.uk

All illustrations copyright C 2014 - Oda Sonju
All Rights Reserved

Saturday 22 February 2014

Bewitched Forest Boardgame

A couple of years ago now I received a project from my lovely studio Dynamo to colour up a board game for Ravensburger. It was a really fun project to work on and gave me a chance to explore digital colouring for an application that I hadn't come across before. I worked with a pretty talented pencilist on this which was really helpful, but I find that being the colourist on a project is especially rewarding because as well as being able to play with mood and lighting I can elaborate on what's been sketched and add lots of tiny little details at this finalising stage...I painted in lots of little eyes, and creatures and random stuff like little mushrooms and then went crazy with the textures! I even scribbled my boyfriend's initials on a tree and got away with it teehee ;)



notice the little eyes inside the log beside the cottage








x

No comments:

Post a Comment