Hello there. My name is Oda Sonju, I'm a uk based artist and illustrator. Below you'll find examples of my latest work as well as little things in life that inspire me. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, or if you like what you see and would like to commission me for any creative purpose at all, don't hesitate to email me at:

osonju@hotmail.co.uk

All illustrations copyright C 2014 - Oda Sonju
All Rights Reserved

Saturday 15 February 2014

Mandy

A tiny (and still unfinished) taster for a comic I am currently working on. The 4 pages of prequel and 3 pages of sequel for the latest Mandy Monster Hunter story - a big collaborative project, with lots of talented artist involved, for Hellbound Media - will be finished in the next two weeks, so hold tight...there will be full artwork updates coming soon ;) (What you're seeing here is without the full shading and detailing)
If you're interested in buying original artwork Hellbound and I will be (on separate tables) at Cardiff Comic Convention on the first weekend of March :)

As well as doing the internals I am doing one 'Pin-Up' poster to slot in at the end of the comic.
I leap at any opportunity to do a decent digital painting, and this one is almost there...this is what I have done so far:

I've learnt it's always good to do a value painting before applying colour, it makes it so easy to mess around with different palettes. I think the last one (accented analogic) works best! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment