Hello there. My name is Oda Sonju, I'm a uk based artist and illustrator. Below you'll find examples of my latest work as well as little things in life that inspire me. Enjoy! And if you have any questions, or if you like what you see and would like to commission me for any creative purpose at all, don't hesitate to email me at:

osonju@hotmail.co.uk

All illustrations copyright C 2014 - Oda Sonju
All Rights Reserved

Saturday 14 May 2011


Illustration for University College Falmouth's annual Illustrated Quotes and Sayings book. This is inspired by what Walt Disney said once upon a time: "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on treasure island". I wanted to do something about pirates to honour the time that I've spent in the pirate land of Cornwall and at first I didn't actually realise who had come up with such a fitting sentence until I had pretty much finished the artwork. When I did I actually wooped, because I'm a true Disney girl at heart. They are the films I grew up with, I know pretty much all the songs (in both norwegian and english!) and I'm pretty close to completing my collection of dvd's! No matter what the critics say I will always stand by Disney for creating fantastic animations with characters, songs and stories that warm my heart every time!  x

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a sixth grade teacher and I am trying to inspire my students to read. I wanted to make a poster with the Walt Disney quote you mentioned above, because my classroom is pirate themed. I found your painting on a google search and gives just the right feeling I would like to create for books in my classroom and it looks so beautiful. I would love to put the quote onto a copy of your painting and make it a poster, giving credit where it is due, of course. I was wondering if there is any way I could do that. Please let me know by emailing me or posting below. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete